Marx, Freud, and the Critique of Everyday Life
Toward a Permanent Revolution
Brown, BrucePublisher: Monthly Review Press, New York, USA
Year Published: 1974
Pages: 202pp ISBN: 0-85345-280-6
Resource Type: Book
The theory and practice of revolutionary social transformation, Brown argues, must encompass the subjective, psychological dimensions of the revolutionary process.
Table of Contents
1. Marxism, the New Left, and the Problematic of Everyday Life
2. Psychoanalysis and Revolutionary Thought
3. Toward a New Critical Theory
4. Revolution and Counter-Revolution in Late Capitalist Society
5. Politics Redefined
6. From Crisis Capitalism to a Bureaucratic Society of Manipulated Consumption
7. Toward a Method for the Revolutionary Reconstruction of Everyday Life
© 2018. The information provided is copyright and may not be reproduced in any form or by any means (whether electronic, mechanical or photographic), or stored in an electronic retrieval system, without written permission of the publisher. The content may not be resold, republished, or redistributed. Indexing and search applications by Ulli Diemer and Chris DeFreitas.